Creating an online marketing strategy can appear to be overwhelming.
These six easy steps are guaranteed that anyone can apply them for a well-executed plan.
“If you don’t have a strategy for yout marketing then you are dead at the starting gate.”
What I have learned over the years is that online marketing is more than just bragging about what you have done, posting your favorite photos or videos.As everything in time evolves, so does online marketing but at a much faster pace.
Your marketing is literally taking shots in the dark hoping it will land.
Below are 6 simple steps to create a strategy that will more likely help your target than doing it without a plan.
6-Step Online Marketing Strategy
- Study your competitors. Look at their websites, their sales process, their marketing strategies. Look for what works and what doesn’t.
- Study your market. Identify if you are a part of a niche market. If so, center your strategy on that demographic instead of a broad internet consumer. Identify your Ideal Consumer Avatar (ICA) demographics.
- Apply your knowledge. Mimic the successful strategies of your competitors with a customization for your ICA. This means that the demographic will respond well to these types of campaigns.
- Develop your brand name and image BEFORE communicating with your ICA. Your brand is what makes you recognizable among your competitors.
- Set up tracking capabilities for all of your campaigns. The best way to do this especially with a website and ads is thru Google Analytics.
- Evaluate your Return on Investment (ROI) and repeat.
Rinse & Repeat
In this case, “rinse & repeat” speaks to repeating the campaign with minimal changes that are based on the insights and analytics that you received from the initial launch.
The value of these mini re-sets is that it offers you repeated opportunity to tweek your products or service until you get your offer exactly right.